Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Yet another celebrity encounter!

Living in Vegas has it's perks. In the past I have written about meeting Kevin Nealon, Penn and Teller, MTV's Kennedy, and many poker players. Today, poker and celebrity combined for me.

I was playing at the Stardust hotel, and was not having any luck at my table, so I requested a change to a new table. I was promptly moved to an empty seat at the other table, and looked directly across the table to see I was sitting with Mena Suvari, star of American Pie, American Beauty and others. For those who know Vegas, and have been to the Stardust, you would know the chances of spotting a celebrity there are about as good as Stu turning straight!

I ended up playing cards with her for about two hours, and was pleasantly surprised to find out how friendly and down to earth she is. We talked about a bunch of different things, joked a little about some of her movies, and basically just had some fun. She's also a decent player, winning a couple hundred while sitting there. She did ask for help from me once, which was kind of cool. She is in town for the weekend, as her boyfriend is a dancer in a show at the Stardust, so I may actually run into her again, as I play there a lot.

We took a picture on the cameraphone, but for some reason, it didn't save. If I see her again, I'll snap another one.

Here's to my next encounter!

Comments:
Did you tell her there's nothing worse than being ordinary? :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?